Tabs

 photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png photo hometab_zpsc4ac9db1.png photo MMtab_zps84d1465f.png photo sisterselktab_zps4aeded4a.png photo ibelievetab_zps8c2c9788.png photo abouttab_zps2ebe1350.png photo 225pxtab_zps3ab577af.png

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Rosalia, my Portuguese Grandmother....BAPTIZED!!!!



Before I tell you about my crazy crazy awesomely busy week, I wanted to send out a request for favorite talks! If you could send me some of your favorite talks for ensigns or conferences or whatever else, I would love that! Thanks.
Yes, this week was insane! so crazy! But I feel like I say that every week #missionarylyfe
Last P-day was even crazy! We drove to Lagos with the Crossman's which is like an hour car ride, because Sister Bryner has some family friends who actually life there, so we got to visit them and see their home and Lagos and everything was seriously just like a picture....beautiful! 
Funny story, that night after we were walking home for the night, we decided to contact one more man in the street. We hadn't had too many successful contacts that night, so we weren't expecting much, but we talked to him anyways and he ended up being super nice! We gave him a card with our number and got his information, and then he was like, "You give me a card, I give you a fish!" He had this huge fish in his bag and whipped it out and handed it to us! It was the strangest thing! haha
Portuguese people.....I just love them so much!
We had divisions this week. Sister Bryner went to Faro and Sister Cullimore joined me here in Olhao. It was super strange not being with Sister Bryner and taking control of our area for the day. It was a good experience, but it definitely made me hate the fact that transfers are in a week-I refuse to be transferred from Sister Bryner and this area. It is not going to happen.
Saturday was when the chaos really started to occur. We decided to try and set up a display with the Crossman's and the Elders on a busy street that morning....our display wasn't super successful, so it mainly just turned into a mad contacting rage! We contacted SO many people that morning. It was insane! Usually we are studying during that time, but they have a huge market Saturday morning, so we thought it would be a good time to contact while everyone is out-and there were definitely people out! So good! We were also busy on Saturday running around to members houses giving them invites to a fireside we did yesterday and also trying to get everything figured out for ROSALIA´S BAPTISM! It was a bit stressful, but in the end, everything worked out and on Sunday afternoon Rosalia was baptized into the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! AHHHHHH! Fam, it was so special! I can't even explain how happy I was as she walked down into the font and was baptized. She is just the funniest old Portuguese woman and I love her dearly. It is weird how much she reminds me of Grandma Fay. That was the only thing I could think of during her baptism, and my heart was about to burst! 
After her baptism we had to race back to Olhao to do a fireside for the Branch on missionary work. I think for the most part it went really well! I say for the most part because we had spent Saturday night making a bolo for the fireside and when we went to bring it to the fireside....it was moving...literally. It was just infested with ants! We weren't quite sure whether we should laugh or whether we should cry haha. In the end we busted out our huge can of raid and just blasted the cake with raid.....so good.
We ended the night eating dinner with the Crossman's, Nato, and Claudia and it turned into quite the party! Oh my gosh, I just love it here! I am so blessed!
Well fam, you guys are the best! Thanks for everything. Have a good week! Next week will determine what mission I am in, but I am 99% sure I will be in the Lisbon mission, so that is exciting! Amo Vocês! Fica Bem!

-Sister Selk
Lagos



Isn't she the cutest?!

It's always a party with the Crossman's
I was not kidding when I said the man literally handed us a fish!
Divisions with Sister Cullimore
I can't even tell you how much we love Sis. Crossman...she is so funny!

Guess who is practicing the piano?.....Mom I knew you would love this way too much!

I thought you might like a look at some of the food here.....
Soup with Octopus and cuddle fish
Clams...so simple..so good!
Sooooo many pastries!


No comments:

Post a Comment